RE: [ST] Octane

Richard

Whilst I'm copying out the FWM for everyone....

Fuel requirements - USA
...bla, bla, bla ... Triumph motorcycles are designed to run on
unleaded gasolene with a CLC or AKI octane rating (R + M)/2 of 89 or
higher.
It then goes on to say; don't use oxygenated fuel, can use
ethanol-enhanced fuel, don't use methanol-enhanced fuels, can use MTBE
up to 15%.

BTW don't drink it yourself, leave it for the RS.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 17/06/2005 14:25:27 >>>
Well, my commute home in the peak FLA heat didn't seem to affect
anything.  I got no pre-detonation, that I could notice.  So it seems 87
octane may be fine for me and my 2000 RS.

Florida is flat and straight with no hills, so that's a plus.

Thanks for peaking my curiosity.  Now I know I can use 87 with no ill
affects, I'm gonna.  Especially with prices what they are today.

Rich
<<<<