Re: [ST] Re: Octane

Brett,
Sea Foam is a fuel system cleaner and fuel stabilizer.  You can use it like
Stabil to winterize your bike or you can, like I did, use it to clean
injectors.  I believe it did a good job on mine, but there are probably as
good a products found down under.

Last fall I found that when in sharp twisties when the rpm's had dropped and
I was in 2 rather than 1, the engine was hesitant to "dig out" of the turn
when I rolled on the throttle. Got some ping too. I knew I should have gone
down to first gear, but it had always done ok in the same situation before.
I found water in plug one hole plus crud and the plug was super black and a
bit wet.  I replaced the plugs with iridiums (probably a waste of money) and
did the Sea Foam.  Now it's like or better than new.  Idle is smoother and
lots of power down low, even in the wrong gear.  PK's touring tune also
helps along that line too.  These are just my experiences and I did several
things at once so Sea Foam may not be the magic bullet.

Oh, yes, don't run Sea Foam all the time.  I find that when you do, your
mileage takes a major hit.
Rod