From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Stephen
Sent: Sun 6/19/2005 5:52 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Finally! idle problem solved!

Hi all,
  I think I finally got it!  Someone had used tuneboy on this bike before.
Had a tune for a different bike on it.  1999 Sprint St.  I got it used a
month or so ago with around 12,000 miles on it.  It seems that the adaptive
stepper adjusment in the tuneboy diagnostics was way off.  Somewhere around
65.21 was the setting when I first noticed it.  The whole program is new to
me and the tuneboy program and my laptop don't really get along all that
well, so it took a few tries.  After comparing my figures with the figures
in the tuneboy pdf, I noticed that big difference.  Now the adaptive stepper
is set around 2 or so and idles just fine now.  The new tune really smoothed
out the engine too.  Doesn't pop and run rough when rolling off the throttle
either.  YEEHAWWW!

thanks for all the assistance, guys!

Stephen