Re: [ST] But now fuel is pissing all over my garage floor.....

In a previous email, Richard Marcus stated:
1. The recall kit has only 2 metal fittings, this kit has 4

It was the cheaper way out for Triumph. Only the males were breaking, so why replace the females.

2. The materials used in the recall kit are not as good as those in Team Triumph's kit.

The only difference is the lack of an automatic shut off when you disconnect them.

I went for the TT kit before there even was a recall. Had the problem before the kit was installed, installed the kit, problem gone and never came back.

I put in the TT kit AFTER mine were replaced on recall. I didn't like the idea of having the breakable plastic females with the rigid males. (Wow! There's an innuendo in there somewhere.)

Rich M. '01 Sapphire Blue ST (Maybe not the "fastest color" because that's always debatable, but it is the "best looking" color, which isn't debatable g>d>r>)

Yep. Or "Babe Magnet Blue." At the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel (NJ bound) where hundreds, if not thousands, of bikes a day pass through, I got pulled over by a female cop who only told me that I had the best looking bike she had ever seen.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity."
-- Bill Vaughan