Re: [ST] But now fuel is pissing all over my garage floor.....

With the females in the Team Triumph kit, do they also get rid of the shut off? As I dont mind the fuel rail side not having a shut off, but having my tank drain out would become a problem.

Steve Lawler <slawler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:In a previous email, Richard Marcus stated:
> 1. The recall kit has only 2 metal fittings, this kit has 4

It was the cheaper way out for Triumph. Only the males were breaking, so
why replace the females.

> 2. The materials used in the recall kit are not as good as those in Team
> Triumph's kit.

The only difference is the lack of an automatic shut off when you
disconnect them.

> I went for the TT kit before there even was a recall. Had the problem
> before the kit was installed, installed the kit, problem gone and never came
> back.

I put in the TT kit AFTER mine were replaced on recall. I didn't like
the idea of having the breakable plastic females with the rigid males.
(Wow! There's an innuendo in there somewhere.)

> Rich M.
> '01 Sapphire Blue ST
> (Maybe not the "fastest color" because that's always debatable, but it is
> the "best looking" color, which isn't debatable g>d>r>)

Yep. Or "Babe Magnet Blue." At the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel (NJ
bound) where hundreds, if not thousands, of bikes a day pass through, I
got pulled over by a female cop who only told me that I had the best
looking bike she had ever seen.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist,
it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing
standard of nonconformity."
-- Bill Vaughan