From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Bryce
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 3:51 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] stock suspension settings

Stock settings mean nothing, it's all about you.

Print this out and bring it to your buddy:

http://tinyurl.com/94rsc

Start on Day 2 (setting preload and sag) and then set
your rebound and compression settings to half way
between full off/on and adjust as u see fit to your
riding style as u go.

Bryce

--- Marc Van Est <MarcVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My '04 RS feels to me like the preload needs to be
> cranked up a bit on the back, the bike feels a bit
> "soft" at the back in bumpy corners. Visually it
> looks like its a bit low at the back.
>
> I also get lots of front end dive on the brakes
> -don't know if its normal for the RS (I thought that
> the 03/04 RS's had stiffer front springs).
>
> I'm taking my bike to a more knowledgeable friend on
> Wednesday for some help in checking the suspension
> settings - static sag, rebound etc. He can also give
> it a blast & compare it to his SV1000, which should
> be interesting.
>
> I weigh 78/80kgs - so I would imagine pretty close
> to stock rider weight for the bike.
>
> Is it a good idea to use the standard settings in
> the owners manual as a start? Or are there any
> shortcuts/ problems to watch for ?
>

> thanks
>
> Marc

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is intended
for the use of the person(s) to whom it was addressed.
If you are not the addressee, you may not copy, forward, disclose or deliver
this message or any part of it to anyone else.If you received this e-mail in error,
please reply to the sender of this message, and delete the mail.Any views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender,except where the sender specifically states
them to be those of The Foschini Group of Companies, to whom no liability shall attach whatsoever.

The Foschini Group disclaims all liability for any loss, damage or expense however caused, arising
from the use or reliance upon the information provided through this service.
Any recipient of an unacceptable communication, a chain letter or offensive material
of any nature is requested to report this to email address: security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx