RE: [ST] Then BEST all metal fuel Q-D fittings

By chance, did you replace the 5th plastic part, the elbow that attaches to the lower hole in the brass plate?  I managed to bend that one to the point I don't trust it and I would love to replace that part with metal.

What fool decided to used plastic parts threaded into metal parts?!  I managed to snap the upper quick disconnect while removing it, leaving half of the threads in the plate.  Smart!  Let's make a part that can barely resist the force required to remove it!  Removed the whole assembly hoping I could work on it from the other side.  I really should get that manual!  Carefully tapped a small screwdriver against the plastic and chipped it out without doing too much damage to the threads, I hope.

This ham-handed shade tree mechanic is used to metal in/on metal and wonders if he has the finesse to properly care for this fragile Triumph.

Jeremy Witt
Field Engineer
Corrugated Networking Services Inc.
Office: 603-703-0365