[ST] HD hatred

At 09:11 AM 6/22/2005 - st-triumphnet.com-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx offered:
1. I can't see buying an HD, because I think they're overpriced.  Their
technology is old and is just now  starting to use technology that's
been available for years.

Well consider the cost you pay for adjusting valves and setting the FI. It's what, $600 USD every 12k miles? Harley's are a change the oil and ride deal. AND you won't wait for them to order that clutch cable, it'll be in stock. I think they are overpriced to but they do have some strong draws, especially imo the Sportster 12. Reasonably priced, reasonably quick, handles decent and they fixed the shakes which was always their biggest problem. And I've seen many Sportsters with over 100,000 miles on em. Don't get me wrong, I love my Triumphs but...

Ken T. from Ca.

After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch.
- --Lorenz's Law of Mechanical Repair

95' Trident, 96' Virago 11, 99' Triumph Sprint ST, 02' Bonneville
http://www.labiker.com/members/index.php?cc63d31418542