[ST] RE:Plastic Elbow

Jeremy,
I thought I'd cc the list on this as well.  My elbow was cracked but not
leaking at the time I replaced the fittings.  I searched all over the web
for a metal one.  I did find it because it is the same thread BSPT as the
female coupling.  Problem was the only company that made brass ones that I
could find was in India and wouldn't even return my emails unless I wanted
to by a truck load.  I did find a company, James Products, I think that
made a fiberglass reinforced elbow that they sent me as a sample.  It's
some tough stuff too.  If I wanted to do it all over again, and I just
may, I would just put a second female coupling in that hole too.  You
would have to grind on the frame a bit to give it some clearance but not
enough to effect frame strength.  You probably would have to put on a
longer fuel line but that's easy too.

By the way I have been looking to make a fuel line extender to make
working on the bike easier.  I talked to Colder and as soon as you say
"bike" they tell you to call Fast by Ferracci to get the right connectors
in onesy twosy quantity.  Problem with that is they are about $25 each.
When I bought they through a distributor in York PA they were about $9
each.  I'm going to get some plastic connectors for my extender project.
They are $6 each but connect to the metal ones on the bike.  They only
have to put up with gas for a few minutes while syncing the throttle
bodies and whatever else I want to tinker with.
Rod