Re: [ST] HD hatred

My buddy has a 1200 Daytona - I've ridden it few times and really like it. Not nearly as nimble as the Sprint but the engine is pretty potent. Interestingly, it reminds me a lot of the '86 ZX1000 Ninja I had. Even to the point of some of the parts looking exactly identical. Anyone know if Triumph had some kind of relationship with Kawi in the manufacture of the 1200?

John in NJ '01 BRG ST

From: Rolo Casos <onerolo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] HD hatred
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:05:23 -0600

I have tried a 1200 "little" HD before and I am all for that a low tech 70's feel. They are nice bikes. Every bike has it's place. But IMHO to fill the spot the sporkster takes, a nice thruxton or even well built old 750four or GPz is a much better choice. BTW talking about low tech fun bikes, has anyone tried a 1200 daytona before? What an amazing machine. Just a few more months and my friends 96 is mine.

Rolo
'01 Sprint