[ST] RE: ST-triumphnet.com Digest, Vol 3, Issue 60

Dan,,,Great ride report!! A very good read. If you ever do a ride  around
Lake Michigan when you get to the Mackinac bridge that connects the Upper
Peninsula with lower Michigan, use the "outside" lane. The inside ones are
steel
grate. The bridge is 5 (five) miles long and the roadway is more than 200
ft.
above the water at its highest point. And looking down(way  down) at the
water
through the grates is really something. _http://www.mackinacbridge.org/_
(http://www.mackinacbridge.org/)

 Don Kames
 03 ST in IL.

Last year I rode to MN and back and on the way back I went over the bridge.
Now bearing in mind I am not too keen on bridges (sides generally appear
waaaaaaaaaaay to low for a car let alone a bike) I was a little
apprehensive.  Turns out they were doing some work on the outside lane....I
had to ride on the grid the whole way :-(  Not fun, not fun at all - I was
bricking it all the way over.  Beautiful scenery though...I have to say
Michigan was not the best riding I have ever done (one and only time I got
pulled by a LEO also - he *did* let me off though) but then I've never
ridden in FL :-)

Cheers,

Kevin