[ST] suggestions for a recalictrant oil filter?

Does anyone have any suggestions for removing a recalcitrant oil filter? I have an 00 ST. I bought the 'Triumph' filter removal wrench. It seems like a close fit (it won't slip when placed on the filter and attempted to turn by hand) but ultimately it does rotate on the filter, with me using a breaker bar on it for leverage and pressing up on the wrench/filter to make sure the wrench is not 'popping off' when I turn it. Searched the archives, found something about sticking screwdrivers through the side of the filter in an emergency situation without wrenches, which I tried to but lack the requisite improv mechanical skill to make this actually useful.

Thanks,
Kyle
'00 ST