[ST] Trip Report

I've been doing two to three hour rides most of this year and thought it was
time for a dawn to dusk event.  Dawn wound up to be 8 am because I didn't
prep the bike the night before.  Took off for the Cherohala by way of SC 11
to US 178 which has a great set of twisties between Pickens and Rosman.
Then I got on road from hell, US 62 from Rosman to Highlands.  Every slow
poke, U-Haul and even back hoe was on the road plus the asphault was a mess.
Things were a little better from there to Franklin, NC where I took NC 28
most of the way to Robbinsville and the start of the Cherohala.  If you are
in Dragon contry and things get a little crazy for your taste in ridin', go
down and try out NC 28.  Better take your dramamine cause you won't be
sittin' upright at freekin' all.  Seems like you constantly snapping left
then right and the asphault is excellent.  Going north I didn't see a bike.
Going home I saw four sport bikes.  Don't think it is top secret or
anything.  By the way, where do the Triumphs hide.  I saw one or two ST's,
two RS's, a Thunderbird, a Thruxton, and one or two of those Bonnieville
looking cruisers ALL DAY.  Man, I saw more FJR's than I saw any kind of
Triumph.

Rod