Re: [ST] Re: ST '05 ST

Could it be possible that the bags are wider but fit closer to the bike? Thus, not making a wider profile than previous models?
MikeB
----- Original Message ----- From: "STeve Duncan" <xhippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 7:49 PM
Subject: RE: [ST] Re: ST '05 ST

Wow, isn't that wider than the '99-'04? I would have thought the undertail
exhaust would have made it slimmer. Hardbags are what I'm interested in but,
don't think I could lane-split in CA with those!
Dave

Ya know, I still can't help but think that the width is a bit of any optical illusion, looking at it from the rear. If you look at those same pics, the front on version, it appears that the bags only stick out just a smidge past the faring bits. From the rear it looks like the bags are four feet wide. Weird. I have not seen the bike in person with bags so I will reserve judgment until then. If the bags truly do suck, you can bet Givi will have an alternate pretty quick if sales are good on the new ST.

eL Donut jinete en la tormenta

STeve Duncan
'00-Sprint-ST
'96-DR350S