RE:[ST]Trip Report

Jeremy,
NC28 does rock. I've found several roads in SC, NC and N.GA that I have
considered more enjoyable than the Dragon.  Besides 129 on the weekend is
getting like downtown Gatlinburg.

When I got home it felt like I was run over by heard of horses. SC 178,
the Cherohala, 28 each run in both directions plus NC 215, a stretch of
the BRP all contributed to post ride hangover.  Breaking in a pair of
rather new leather pants was a dumb thing to do in a day full of twisties
too.

I removed my gen-mars for future rides yesterday.  Most folks think that
the more upright position is more comfortable, but for me the lower bar
position is less tiring when doing a lot of twisties. The lower bar also
reminds me to get down into a better position for the tighter sections. On
longer rides, with the gen-mars I get lazy and tend to stay straight up
which makes for some unexpected excitement at times.

Maybe we'll run across each other in our travels around the Smokies.
Rod