Re: [ST] Bag gone it!

On Jun 27, 2005, at 1:49 PM, Jack Hays wrote:

Well, I hate to say it but my earlier post about the hang on rails appears
to be true. man is that an afterthought or what. Shame on Triumph.

I really don't understand Triumph's logic in these new bags. The new bags would be the deal killer for me on the new bike, if I was in a market for one. Tucking the exhaust up under the seat gave them the perfect setup to move the bags in closer to the wheel, and without the interference of the pipe, they could have been set lower like the position of the original model. Instead they move the bags up and out which affects handling for the worse, and then because they decided to hang them up so high, they're in the way of the passenger, and you're left with a butt ugly bracket when the bags are removed. Not that the bags are that pretty either.

Like someone else mentioned, there's a big hole for Givi to step in and fill if they desire. I paid extra to get integrated bags on my 1999, but when the factory bags look like such an afterthought, why not go with aftermarket at half the cost? So what if they're keyed the same.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned