[ST] Sticky/Stiff Throttle Pull?

It seems the throttle on my 2002 RS requires a somewhat stiff pull and has a little bit of "stiction". It can be touchy to just crack it open a wee bit, such as going to maintenance throttle in a corner. I find myself having to grip it tightly in order to get it to move and that wears my hand out at the end of a long day. My bike has 32K miles on the original throttle cables. Seems to snap back to off easy enough. I sure wish it was much lighter and smoother action.

Anyone else experience the same thing? I'm wondering if putting new cables on would help. Maybe taking the grip apart and cleaning/lubing? Suggestions? Maybe it's just the nature of the beast. Can't say I've noticed a dramatic change, but it's hard to remember what it was like when new.

Garry