Re: [ST] Sticky/Stiff Throttle Pull?

---- Mike Montville <mjmontville@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yep -- started to notice it a week ago on my '02 RS.  I had lubed the
> cables with Tri-Flo and re-greased the throttle tube once before, but
> the problem then was actually the grip rubbing the bar-end.  I'll try
> re-lubing again prior to replacing the cables -- maybe I can avoid
> disconnecting the fuel lines...
>
> Good to talk to you and the WARP pack-ers again at Thunder in the
> Valley on Sunday.  What a shame the demo ST was out of commission --
> but flogging the Speed Triple was a blast!  Also, I couldn't get a
> ride on the 502 ci/502 hp Boss Hoss ;)  Another suggestion? If you
> haven't already tried it, a 170/70 rear really sharpens the handling.

I'll try cleaning/lubing the throttle assembly before springing for new cables. That's easy enough. I need to do some maintenance anyway as I have a track day coming up in a couple weeks.

It was nice to see you again too Mike. I had to dash off to do a demo ride and I guess you were on the next ride to go out. The demo Sprint had slight front end wobble to it. One of the demo riders mentioned the bars moving back and forth a bit. Not tankslapper style, but enough to cause concern. So they pulled the bike out the lineup. The yellow Speed Triple wouldn't start, but ran great once it did start, but they pulled it too. The blue Speed Triple had no gauges for a couple days, but that was fixed by reloading the tune on Sunday morning. Wonder if electrical/FI issues are common on the new Trip? Fun bike though...

We checked tire pressure on the Sprint and it was fine. They suspected the tire was either bad or maybe way out of balance, so they were going to just replace the front tire at the Windber shop. Turns out the Sprint comes with a "special" 020 made just for it and they had to replace it with the exact same thing, which of course wasn't available anywhere.  I have no idea why the Sprint would need a special tire. Certainly any 020 would have worked fine, but I guess they don't have much latitude to use non-OEM parts with factory demo bikes.

To get back on topic, I demo'd nearly every bike Triumph makes over two days, and my throttle pull is stiffer and stickier than any of them so it's certainly time to do something to fix it.

Garry