RE: [ST] Sticky/Stiff Throttle Pull?

> It seems the throttle on my 2002 RS requires a somewhat stiff pull
and has a little bit of "stiction". It can be touchy to just crack it
open a wee bit, such as going to maintenance throttle in a corner. <

Garry,
If lubing the cable doesn't help, look for a throttle stop screw on
the throttle body linkage.  If this were incorrectly set, the
butterflies would close too much and bind in the throttle bodies,
producing the initial resistance to fine throttle inputs you describe.

I just went out and peered under the tank but couldn't see well enough
to do any good and the manual illustrations don't show enough detail.
With the tank and airbox removed, you're looking for a screw,
exclusive of the throttle cable, which provides a stop for the linkage
travel when the throttles are closed.  Assuming I'm not full of hot
air (more so than usual ;-), it shouldn't take much adjustment to
correct the problem.

--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST