Re: [ST] Other oil filters (was: K&N Oil Filters)

Dirty,

I've tried the K&N and the Amsoil filters.  The K&N concerned me a
bit, it didn't thread smoothly.  As with the 'shrunken' Triumph
filter, my cap wrench doesn't fit the Amsoil unit.

I've been pleased with the Purolator PureOne, #PL14610.  I've read
that dissections have revealed superior design and filtration media.
Several bonuses:  it's about 1/2" longer, so there's a bit more
capacity; it protrudes from the filter cavity enough to use a common
strap wrench; and it's available at most autoparts stores for under
$6.

Mike