From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave T
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:32 AM
To: st-triumphnet.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Re: RS acting up

I know this is an ST list but I lurk here and figured I ask. My 02 RS
in acting up a bit. Last week while cruising at 35mph she just died
for no apparent reason. Just like I turned off the key. Coasted to the
side, didn't see anything wrong and she fired right up again. No
problem the rest of the day. Today went to start the bike and it
cranked once and all electrics quit. Cranked again and it did it again
then got nothing. I thought maybe the battery was dead. Flicked the
cut off switch a couple of times, cranked it a few minutes later and
she fired right up and I rode for a few hours with no issues. Its got
me paranoid enough though that I really want to find the problem. I
also noticed that my last tank was only 35 mpg from the normal 45-50.
Not sure if that has anything to do with it or I just miscalculated
the mileage. I seem to remember reading something about a ground wire
within a harness on the left side fairing which sounds like a
possibility. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I was hoping to
take it on a holiday ride and don't want to get stranded. TIA

Dave T

02 Sprint RS