Re: [ST] RS in stop & go traffic

Aron

I agree that your idle is too fast.  Mine is around 1k and it never
stalls unless I really mess up.

I do currently have a problem with fast tickover which may be due to my
cleaning the idle air bypass valve but I will get it serviced to cure
it.

It is true that going to neutral can alter the tickover considerably as
if the switch is fed to the ECU to change the mapping.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> nate@xxxxxxxxxx 30/06/2005 18:36:10 >>>
In 4+ years of ownership I've never had a problem with my RS idle,
whether hot, cold, stuck in traffic, etc.  I can count the number of
times it's stalled unexpectedly on one hand (knocks on wood).  In fact

the only issue that I ever had with my RS's performance was when it had

the stock can and stock tune.  It had a bit of lean surge while
cruising
on the highway, this went away after a carbon can and retune, I can't
say
for sure which of those two cured it as they happened at the same
time.

Also, your idle sounds very high and odd.  My RS idles comfortably
right
around 1k, whether in gear or not.  I can't see why it would make a
difference if it was in neutral.

I'm tempted to say that it's a problem that your dealer has not
correctly
diagnosed yet, unfortunately.  If you haven't already try searching the

archives on the web and see what you can dig up, it's been discussed
recently.

HTH,

Nate
00SprintRS