[ST] for DaveT - RS acting up!

I know this is an ST list but I lurk here and figured I ask. My 02 RS
in acting up a bit...   I seem to remember reading something about a ground wire
within a harness on the left side fairing which sounds like a possibility. <<<

This is actually an RS/ST list Dave, so you're among friends and more than welcome.
I don't know what the percentage of RS owners in on this list but there are a lot of us. We like to fancy the designation RS as standing for Real Sprint (because the original Sprint had a half-fairing) and the ST as standing for Soft Type. =;o)

   In addition to the advice already given, there's a white wire in the bundle forward of the clutch cut-out switch that has been known to break and a wire in a bundle in the headlight area that has also been known to break and cause problems.  Routing of the wiring is very important and if it gets in tension from handlebar movement, it doesn't take much to break those thin wires.  You can sometimes get a clue from what's working and what's on the same fuse circuit but not working.

                                                  Good luck;                  doggydoo