[ST] 2005 ST - Another test report (but one to skip)

On 2 Mar 2005, at 14:51, Rupert Galea wrote:

> There is also a write up in the Telegraph

Did not see Telegraph one, but did see the one in The Independent on 22
February - by Tim Luckhurst (who he?).  Artistic, but almost content
free (it contains just three technical stats - capacity, power and
torque of engine - in whole article).  For example:

> "...the engine is velvet smooth but it snarls assertively under hard
> acceleration."

So would that be a passive snarl under gentle acceleration?

He rode the bike on the same 200 mile South African test course that
appears in other reviews, and topped out at 130mph (but says others got
to 160mph).  He compares Triumph styling favourably to 'Ducati', and
reckons James Bond should ride one.  Encourages all to go for test
rides, but includes this curious reflection at the end of the review:

> Bikes like this remind sensitive souls that speed can inspire as well
> as kill.

I am sorry to report that he doesn't tell us what 'Bikes like this...'
remind other types of soul about.

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03