Re: [ST] European Trips - Route Suggestions Please...!

On 9 Mar 2005, at 18:07, Jean Doublet wrote:

> I guess you mean the "Nurburgring". Don't go to Nuremberg to find it,
> you won't, it's actually close to Koln in the west of Germany, not far
> from Belgium.

LOL - sorry a strange combination of phonetic spelling and Apple's odd
spelling checker...

> http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/

Wonderful - thanks for the link.

> If you're in Germany, you have to do the Deutschenalpenstrasse that
> goes through the Alps along the German/Austrian border. It's
> magnificient. If you then go all the way east to Salzburg (Austria)
> you'll find yourself not to far from Prague if you go on a straight
> line north through Passau.
>
> To go to the Nurburgring, you WANT to use the Ardennes/Eiffel road
> that starts in Belgium, goes through Luxembourg and ends up in Germany
> all the way trough the Ardennes hills. Gorgeous. Roads in Luxembourg
> are as smooth as a race track, in Belgium... well that's another
> story).

OK - I'll have a go at including these in my route plan.

>  Don't hesitate to drop me an email for more details. It used to be my
> neck of the woods when I was living in Europe...

Thanks - I will once I get a bit more of the details worked out.

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03