Re: [ST] Steering Article

>What I mean is, what contributes to a high side is the rear sliding outside
>the front wheel when in a turn.  If it goes too far, physics (and I don't
>want to get too technical) take over to make the front come back to where
>it's supposed to be snapping up and throwing the rider over.

I think most high sides occur simply because the rear wheel regains grip
during a slide.  I was told three key things in a MSF class years ago - 1)
Countersteering is what turns a bike, 2) letting up excessively on the
throttle if the rear end tries to pass you will often end in a high side,
and 3) always assume the cage will turn left in front of you.

P. Malzahn
Salem, CT.
15 degrees, 30 mph winds at the moment.  I'd almost welcome the opportunity
to high side.