Re: [ST] Steering

> A few years back one of the riding schools (sorry, can't remember who)
> welded some handle-bars to the frame. Several riders then tried to ride
> a race course without using the normal (fork) bars.  Result: Crash.
> 100% of the time, period.  You can't steer a bike without counter
> steering.

That would be the Keith Code "No BS" bike. I would LOVE to see one of the
strong "body steering" proponents like Reg Pridmore ride the "No BS" bike on
video. Time to put up or shut up.

That said, I plan on doing a CLASS track day at Mid-Ohio with Reg and
company this July, but I think steering is primarily by countersteering with
body position and throttle control being valuable secondary inputs to get
your bike to turn. I just read Reg's book and thought it was OK aside from
the body steering emphasis. A bit too much nostalgia and fluff for my tastes
too. I'll go into the track day with an open mind regarding body steering,
but I like his emphasis on street riding and smoothness. I think Nick
Ienatsch's book is the best of the lot with Lee Park's book a close second.

Garry