RE: [ST] Tank Bags

>From: Gavin Lawrie <gavin.lawrie@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>Hi
>
>I hope this isn't another tyre choice type thread.  Apologies if so...
>
>Anyone got recommendations on a tank bag for my ST'03.  The standard
>Triumph version retails here for a shade under £100 apparently.  Seems
>alot, but I guess it is all relative but to what I'm not sure.  I'm off for
>three long trips this summer and need something robust but practical.  Also
>something that is vaguely portable when off the bike would be good too.
>
>Best regards
>
>Gavin Lawrie
>ST'03

Gavin, the Triumph bag is the most "robust" I've ever owned.  Bigger
stronger zippers, heavier material, better pockets, stronger side bracing,
everything.  You will never be dissapointed with the Triumph unit.

I currently have a Tourmaster tankbag, it's functional but wimpy.  I also
have a Cortec mini tank bag and it's OK for day rides, too small for any
serious mileage.  I've had Marsee, again, OK but not up to the Triumph unit.
  Also keep in mind you cannot use any magnetic bag.  And that the unique
shape of the Sprint tank makes many bags useless.

So does anyone have a used Triumph bag they want to sell?  I would like to
have another, my original got eaten by asphalt.

eL Donut
jinete en la tormenta

STeve Duncan
'00-Sprint-ST