[ST] Re: BEARING SIEZE - 2002 ST - continues -

G;day all - Harry / Sydney - OZ, preivous bearing siezed twice,
partner injured. - continued -

I have returned after putting 3500 klm on the last replacement bearing
- - all went well - had a great ride - bike was perfect. With partner, me
and baggage we were 155 kgs ( 241 lbs )load. I will return the bike to
the dealer next week to have them again check the bearing for wear - if
any. Mine is an April build T/red 2002 model - if there are others out
there that have not checked the rear bearings - suggest you do !!
We put the bikes on the ferry from Sydney to Devenport in Tasmania
( check yur atlas ) rode around there for a week then back on the ferry
to Melboune and rode thru Victoria ( Great Ocean Road, then Ballarat,
Bendigo, Mt Hotham ( winter snow fields ) via Omeo via the coast rode
back to Sydney. Wont mean much to others by every Ozie will know what a
great ride that is. My partner who was injured when the last bearing
siezed loved the ride but her leg did get a bit sore after 6-7 hrs
saddle time on some days.
Anyway after that - I'm back in love with my ST - best bloody bike on
the road.
Cheers / Harry

http://au.movies.yahoo.com