From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rod
Brown
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:39 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Re: ST/RS Turning Radius

Thanks to all who replied but I really didn't get what I was looking
for.
Several years ago I had a Kawasaki Concours and it had a published
turning
radius.  The reason that I am asking is that I'm trying to prepare a
course
for my son when he gets back in the states to practice for the SC MC
driving
test.  I am having no success at getting any information about the test.
It
is NOT an MSF test and they do not accept passing an MSF course.  Since
posting the original email I went to the local DMV driving test course
and
tried going through the slalom portion.  I could go through it one way
but
could not do it the reverse.  They use double cones offset from the
center
and between two pair of parallel lines.  I decided to walk the bike
through
using close to full lock.  There are about five of these pairs and I
could
make it aroung the first pair and just bairly around the second but no
way
would it set up for pair three.  Maybe I just don't understand how it is
supposed to be run but I'm sure that if my sport bike is having problems
with it, then something with a longer wheelbase is really in trouble.
Just
as an FYI I had no problem with the MSF course I took about a year ago.

Rod

*   *

End of st-digest V2004 #875