Re: [ST] Something Broke!

- --0-1087919708-1111337825=:13553

Yes, you have to buy a whole new throttle cable just to replace that little plastic thingy. It happened to me as well. Never heard of a better replacement part but somebody else on the list has may be better information
(And replacing the throttle cable is a little bit of a PITA...)

Emery James Baker <mrbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Folks;
During some much needed maintenance I found that the throttle
cable adjustment assembly at the hand-grip cracked along the stress
relief the plastic. BTW, plastic? at least the clutch adjuster is
metal. Does anyone know if their is a better replacement for this
part. I haven't gone to see my dealer yet but since its inline to the
throttle cable (assembled before the ends were installed on the cable)
I am going to assume replacement means a whole new cable assembly from
triumph, ouch $$$.

Jean Doublet
Sprint ST 99
Guzzi CX100 Le Mans II 1980

Do you Yahoo!?
- --0-1087919708-1111337825=:13553

<DIV>Yes, you have to buy&nbsp;a whole new throttle cable just to replace that little plastic thingy. It happened to me as well. Never heard of a better replacement part but somebody else on the list has may be better information</DIV>
<DIV>(And replacing the throttle cable is a little bit of a PITA...)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;<BR><BR><B><I>Emery James Baker &lt;mrbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
		<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
- --0-1087919708-1111337825=:13553--

End of st-digest V2004 #876