RE: [ST] BAD Cop.......

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Heyer, Matthew A. wrote:

- -I don't disagree with you in that they *could* have been playing around.
- -But, the picture they showed on TV this morning could have been from
- -anything (when he first purchased and picked-up the bike, or anything
- -else - we just don't know, so we can't assume as there are plausible
- -alternatives).

True, true.

- -What leads you to the conclusion that they were "playing around" other
- -than that being the cop's words on the tape (I heard the 911 call tapes
- -this morning for both phone calls)?  I don't doubt your conclusion as
- -this is what typically happens, especially with a bike that powerful and
- -"cool" amongst a group of young kids (who we all know are prone to
- -show-off, as we were all their age at some point in time...).

That's all, the picture coupled with those "shouldn't be playing around" words
as recorded...

- -I just don't like jumping to unfounded conclusions (must be the effects
- -of too much time in the courtroom with this law firm.....).

Neither do I, and furthermore ARRRGH! it seems an edit I made dropped the
"not" from my post, it should have read "I'm not jumping to conclusions, but".
Argh.  Sorry.