Re: [ST] BAD Cop.......

A careful reader would note that I myself said that it
does not excuse the cop's behavior.  I suppose we
disagree that there can be no *explanation* for the
behavior, as I can envision a situation that would
drive a person to act like that.  Not, once again, to
be perfectly clear, that he ever *should* act like
that.

As to his punishment, I think he certainly deserves
some...but I think it should be proportional to the
offense.  I agree, if his actions contributed to the
rider's death, something much more serious should be
given.  My understanding, at least, is that the
ambulance was dispatched correctly.  We're then left
with unprofessional behavior that might have caused
some emotional trauma for the friend of the rider.  A
bad thing, to be sure, but something to end the guy's
career over?

My point is that we don't know the full story, and
that, often, the full story causes things to make a
bit more sense than they initially seem.

- -A