Re: [ST] Torque question

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Steve Lawler wrote:

- -Also, is there anything that I should be on the lookout for or any
- -secret tricks to the process on a Sprint ST?

It took a heck of a lot of grunt to break the nut on the drive sprocket free
when I did this a while ago on the '99... I was starting to wonder if it was
reverse threaded or something but it's not.  You'll likely need someone to
help sit on the bike and hold the brake while you use a breaker bar to break
that sucker free.

Assuming you already know about using a Dremel with a little cut-off disc to
take the head off of a pin in the old chain to make removal with the chain
tool lots easier.

I picked up a DID chain tool when I put that 530-ZVM on, it took a little
while to translate the instructions from Engrish to English but cranking on it
till you couldn't crank no-mo yielded a factory looking shroom-head.

I'm trying to remember, but I think you can do all of this without removing
the wheel too.

- --

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '98 VFR800FI -hers    ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  '89 Hawk GT  -hers   Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  66    U    AMA,CMHmoto,HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail