[ST] Re: Rocket III (no ST)

- --0-937944177-1112143679=:23640

I have to chime in here, I have heard mention of the Rocket III on/off in the last few weeks. I have a friend that just bought one from Champion Cycle in Bellingham. He and another friend came over the other day because they know how I have been lusting after the general design of one. I was almost forced to take it out for a quick 20 minute jaunt (I am not into the practice of casually swapping machines) I didnt want to ride a machine I could not afford to replace should I damage it. If you hate cruisers, disregard the following-dont read on.

Unlike many present, I am HD friendly and enjoy cruisers as well as sport/sport touring machines. it felt unexpectedly comfortable, nice seat, nice ergos (6'2 195) It could use a backrest though. It felt very light once under way, The weight feels low-corners easily. Looks and feels really nice! By the time I returned to my home, I already had a new exhaust system and air box designed in my head. Brakes are very ample, shifting is pretty decent by cruiser standards. Its a touch quiet for my taste, I know there is some sweet music in there being stiffled by the factory silencers. The Troque...what can I say, everything writen is true!! This bike has the torque curve of a steam engine. It pulls in 5th gear like my ST pulls in 2nd-Even if you dont care for cruisers.......take one out on a demo if you get the chance. This experience has ruined me and renewed my passion for a good cruiser. Its much more ridable and usable than it appears.

I wont trade in the ST, its been to good for to long (50,000+ mi and just now replacing the coolant temp sensor)

This little test ride made enough of an impression on me that I had to say something here for my fellow cyclists that have not yet enjoyed a test ride on one.

Tony

00 ST (longevity red)
82 Honda Oddy (for sale)
79 Honda 75cc (for sale)

- ---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
- --0-937944177-1112143679=:23640

<DIV>I have to chime in here, I have heard mention of the Rocket III on/off in the last few weeks. I have a friend that just bought one from Champion Cycle in Bellingham. He and another friend came over the other day because they know how I have been lusting after the general design of one. I was almost forced to take it out for a quick 20&nbsp;minute jaunt (I am not into the practice of casually swapping machines) I didnt want to ride a machine I could not afford to replace should I damage it. If you hate cruisers, disregard the following-dont read on.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Unlike many present, I am HD friendly and enjoy cruisers as well as sport/sport touring machines. it felt unexpectedly comfortable, nice seat, nice ergos (6'2 195) It could use a backrest though. It felt very light&nbsp;once under way, The weight feels low-corners easily. Looks and feels really nice! By the time I returned to my home, I already had a new exhaust system and air box designed in my head. Brakes are very ample, shifting is pretty decent by cruiser standards. Its a touch quiet for my taste, I know there is some sweet music in there being stiffled by the factory silencers. The Troque...what can I say, everything writen is true!! This bike has the torque curve of a steam engine. It pulls in 5th gear like my ST pulls in 2nd-Even if you dont care for cruisers.......take one out on a demo if you get the chance. This experience has ruined me and renewed my passion for a good cruiser. Its much more ridable and usable than it appears. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I wont trade in the ST, its been to good for to long (50,000+ mi and just now replacing the coolant temp sensor)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This little test ride made enough of an impression on me that I had to say something here for my fellow cyclists that have not yet enjoyed a test ride on one.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Tony</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>00 ST (longevity red)</DIV>