Re: [ST] Fork oil drain

- ---- Lou Jiannine <LouJ9@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am not looking for any expensive trick set up but would like front springs
> that did not make the bike react like a pole axed mule when you put on the
> brake.  How do you like the hyper-pro springs?

I thought the HyperPro springs (front and rear) did a fine job of taming the harsh ride on my RS. The suspension used to be a real distraction in the twisties if the road surface wasn't real smooth. The HyperPros made a nice improvement. Note that the HyperPro springs are true progressive springs, so in theory the inital travel is soft for absorbing the little stuff and end of the travel is firm to soak up the big stuff and it's a gradual change between the two extremes. Track riders prefer a single-rate spring since they have a consistent, predictable surface to ride on.

I generally don't have a problem with front end dive during braking. I gently squeeze the lever at first to get some weight transfer to the front, then apply it with gusto. That seems to minimize the dive. I tend to rely on engine braking except when coming up to traffic lights, stop signs, etc.

All in all, I'd say the $250 HyperPro "combi" kit was money well spent on my RS.

Garry