Re: [ST] Fork swap?

The fork tubes are different sizes, S3 and Daytona being bigger, but what about using an entire front end from an S3 or Daytona. I think that is a bolt on, but haven't actually measured the steering head and triple clamps. At worst I think there would be some machining to the bearing races and some shims. How about someone with a daytona measure their fork clamps and steering head and someone with an RS or ST, then post the results. I'm taking my RS in for tires Wednesday and will try and get a measurement and ask a few questions.

TimE

peter.chittum@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hey John,

I've heard there is a difference in the diameter of the forks for the
S3/Daytona, and the ST/RS. I don't recall exactly which one is
bigger/smaller, but I've heard it won't fly.