RE: [ST] electrical demons (longish response)

Hi All,

I took delivery of a (new) '04 Sprint RS two weeks ago.

I'm busy running it in. So far I've done 850kms (530 miles), and I've stuck pretty much to the run in guide, trying to vary the load by riding on different types of road (twisty bits, straight sections, traffic, etc)

two questions:

1. How strict do I have to be on the run in ?
2. Do I need to beef up the preload & rebound on the standard setting for the rear? I weigh 80kgs with my gear.

I'm doing a track day on the 15th, and want to set the bike up so that it doesn't give me any surprises.

(I heard that the '03/04 RS had changes to the stock spring rates, and that the stock set up is pretty much OK for my weight.)

thanks,

Marc
Cape Town, South Africa.