Re: [ST] Penske shock...

On 5/4/05, Welsh, Jay (GE Trans) <jay.welsh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Rupe,  I got my Ohlins from Revlimiter racing,  don't have the link but I
> think it was posted to the list a while back.  They were the cheapest
> stateside source I could locate for an Ohlins at the time.  I have not had
> any experience with Penske,  but keep hearing people crow about them
> showering them with praise.  I considered a number of different shocks at
> the time New stock,  one that J. Lilley sold as an upgrade, Penske, Ohlins
> and a few others.  I ended up going with the Ohlins more out of familiarity
> and reputation than any technical superiority.  At the time the difference
> between the Ohlins and the close second Penske was only ~50 bucks and that
> is why I went the way I did.  If I recall I paid 750 shipped to me a little
> over a year ago.

Thanks Jay. Revlimeter was also the cheapest place I found. But the
lady I spoke to on the phone was not able to give me an exact price or
delivery date.

> My stock shock was toast at 24k and I still nursed it another 5-7k I have
> had the Ohlins for 12 k now and am still very happy I got it.

Mine died at 27K and I put a low mileage stock shock in there for now.

> Does Wilburs do an ST shock?  I have a friend that just installed a set on
> an 1150GS and really likes the set.

A friend of mine just got a Wilbers for his FJR1300 and loves it. I
did contact them.
http://www.triumphnet.com/list/2005/2005-April/msg00212.html
Their $759 shock has both low and high speed damping adjustment. While
this is good for the price it is not something I feel I need. It is a
shame their remote preload adjuster is $200
http://www.rgalea.com/pics/wilbers_641.jpg

I think I have a source for the Ohlins that is $760.
Rupert