RE: [ST] Clutch Life?

Just relaying my own experiences. I put 45k miles on a '99 and have 52k currently on an '02, and neither gave me any indication that the clutches were/are wearing badly. Infact the '02 just recently tried to 2nd gear power wheelie on me when I was getting on it to merge into traffic. Ooops :) Though I did just have to replace the clutch cable a week ago. It was slowly breaking bundles at the lever. That was changing the engaugement point. Does that sound more like what your experiencing?

That's not to say it couldn't be happening to you though. Components do sometimes fail. Barrnett is a well know, and trusted, name in clutches. OEM shouldn't be bad either. Vesrah has too racy a reputations. But they do great endurance work, so they could be good too.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
How long should a Sprint clutch last assuming it hasn't been abused (no
wheelies, burn outs, etc)? I'm noticing that I don't have much range of
engagement with almost 30K miles on the clock. It's not slipping that I've
noticed. Maybe it's time for some new fiber plates perhaps? Any advice on clutch
plate brands besides OEM (EBC, Vesrah, etc)?

Garry