Re: [ST] Shocks

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 04:27 -0700, Bryce wrote:
> I guess I was referring to the high-end shocks like
> fox, ohlins, Elka, Penske.  Hagan seems to be a
> lower-end product in design and materials from what
> I've read, but of course better thank stock.  I'm sure
> if you pulled a blind test on me I wouldn't be able to
> tell the difference perhaps, but my comments were from
> a respected suspension tuner for all the racers and
> those were his comments referencing all the high-end
> stuff.  Still the Hagons I road on a friend VX800 felt
> fine for me.

The standard 2003 Triumph ST shock is very good. Although I have an
Ohlins rear shock, to tell you the truth the original was very good in
comparison. I think a lot of it is to do with spring rates and static
sag setup. The only real advantage wit the Ohlins is the preload
adjustment.

--
simonb <simonb@xxxxxxxxxxx>