RE: [ST] newbie question about tank vacuum

Mine was, and I'd bet that's what it is. Mine was covered under
warranty, and you'll want to get it fixed before the flexion of the tank
deforming under the vacuum begins to crack the tank (as happened with
me).

When you open up the gas cap, there is a small rubber button inside the
opening. Remove that button (and put it in a safe place) until you fix
the problem. This button is the DOT emissions by-pass and will ensure
the tank breathes correctly until the valve is fixed.

If I get a chance tonight, I'll try to take a pic and post it so you can
see what I'm talking about.

Cheers.

Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST