Re: [ST] Art of M/C Memphis

In a previous email, STeve Duncan stated:
We haven't set a date yet for the run up there. Dennis Dodd (former liSTer) lives in Memphis. Just sometime this summer. When are you planning on being around that area? Maybe we can coordinate with your schedule?

Most likely during the second week in July. I'll be riding out to San Diego, CA. I'll be posting my intended route in a couple of weeks and asking for suggestions. My intention is to ride out through the southern part of the US and return along a northern route and completely avoid the slabs once I hit Virginia. So far I have my route planned as far as Union City, TN.

Since I'm at it. Does anyone have any of those roads that they would suggest I see? I'm more interested in scenic byways than in technically challenging routes. As I've been going over maps, which is every time I hit the bathroom, I've been trying to follow the dotted routes. I will be "Tearing Along The Dotted Line." I already plan on riding Skyline Drive, the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Cherohala Skyway and Talimena Scenic Drive.

Also as I travel I will be looking for oddly named places whether it is a town, a store, a tavern, etc. Or even a place with an average name but is a quirky sight to behold. My intended route already has me passing through Nameless and Difficult, Tennessee.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field."
-- Niels Bohr