[ST] Fuel fitting leak - not QD

My bike was smelling of gas I assumed that it was either the fuel
sender I recently put in (fixed with fuel tank repair epoxy
this time) or the infamous quick disconnects.

It appears to be neither. As far as I can make out it is the bottom
fitting where it screws into the tank side plate. I cleaned the area
and watched it as I turned the ignition on and off and the pump ran to
pressurize the system. This was the result
http://www.rgalea.com/pics/fuel.jpg

It appears to be leaking where the fitting goes into the side plate on
the tank. But I am surprised that the gas is wicking to the top of the
nut especially since the bike is leaning away from the photo. It is
hard to be 100% sure but it does not appear to be leaking at the hose.

Has anyone run into this?
Rupert