RE: [ST] Fuel fitting leak - not QD

http://www.rgalea.com/pics/fuel.jpg

Rupert,
The way the hose looks swollen around the clamp, I'd bet on hose
deterioration.  If the hose is long enough, try trimming off the end
and reinstalling the hose on the fitting, though ultimately the
pressure hoses should be replaced.

Contrary to popular opinion, the clamps can be removed and reinstalled
using ear-type CV boot clamp pliers such as KD 424
http://www.kd-tools.com/424.htm .
Here's another photo with better detail
http://tinyurl.com/cvxwt .

Prior to buying a set of these, I had used a set of channel lock-type
pliers with modified jaws.

I've also seen end-cutting pliers used for this purpose though I can't
endorse this practice since they are designed to cut not squeeze.

Good luck,
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST