Re: [ST] looking to upgrade my GPS...

i borrowed someones Tom Tom...

I personally have a ipak2210 + gps315 (I had it already) + tomtom.
I use it on a regular basis in my RV with no probs.
This 4 days break week-end, I used it on the bike, getting it in the top map pocket of my tank bag (a Bagster by the way).

Here are some remarks:
-in the RV I found out that in fact the voice is pretty disturbing as
I can't prevent from folowing blindly her (it's a female voice) instructions,
even when in contradiction w/ the traffic signs. I shut down the voice. And counting down the round about exit is very tricky and we have a lot down here.

-on the bike (w/o voice) the sun light rends the screen very difficult to read/watch.
I am going to built a special holder that will protect from sun light interferences. I made an additionnal huge wooden stilus that I can hold even w/ the gloves on. It' hold in place w/ a tiny piece of rope.

FRED 02 ST BRG