From: "don draper" <donnydogood@xxxxxxx>
To: <st-triumphnet.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 4:19 PM
Subject: [ST] Re: ST-triumphnet.com Digest, Vol 2, Issue 29

> for Neil - Recommended tire pressures??
>
>  >>> So what do you all make of this?? <<<
>
>      Appears to be some fomenter trying to start a dreaded 'tire
pressure' thread!    =;o)

>      Seriously, a lot depends on the tire wear that results from the
roads you most use and type of  riding you do;... if a tire is wearing
faster in the center, you need a lower pressure - if it's wearing faster
on the sides, you need a higher pressure.  Also, the rear tire needs a
higher pressure if you're packing a passenger and/or heavy tail box for
obvious reasons.  Tire failures due to low-pressure generated heat are
rare and basically unheard of at pressures above the mid-20s psi.
> Recommended pressures are always lawyer derived compromises as regards
maximum safety and a crash because a tire at max. pressure lost traction
at max. lean in a corner can ALWAYS be blamed on the rider and will
never incur manufacturer liability.

Have fun;

doggydoo    - - - o&\o