Re: [ST] Can't Complain

> 2) If the flat causing opening isnt't bad, can a tyre be patched from the inside?  I still probably have a good 7000 more miles left on it/them.

I have fixed a couple flats with patches from the inside. "Stop and Go", makers of tire repair kits for bikes (hint hint), also sell round patches that you apply from the inside. They have a small tail that you push through the hole from the inside and then trim off. In my experience, the punctures I've fixed have been too small to push the "tail" through, so I cut the tail off and just used the round patch part. If the puncture is small (less damage to tire cords) and not near the sidewall, I'd do the patch from the inside fix. If you ream out the hole and plug it from the outside, I'd consider replacing the tire as that reaming is probably doing a fair bit of damage to the cords. YMMV.... Ride on a patched tire at your own risk. Yadda yadda...

NOTE: most shops won't patch a tire, or even mount a patched tire. I'm lucky that my local tires/accessories shop (not a dealer) has no problem with it. He only charges $15 to mount a tire (off the bike), so it's not a bad way to squeeze more life out of a tire.

Garry