Re: [ST] New ST

So I am going to have a choice between a run out '04 or a new '05.

I had to make the same choice and went for the '04.

My reasoning was as follows.

The deal that I was offered on the '04 was unbeatable.

I already had all the accessories that I wanted for the '04.
Accessories will be a while arriving for the '05.
Also the '05 cannot take a hugger, which is essential on a touring bike in my part of the world.

I've bought two first production year triumphs in the past, the ST and a '02 speed triple. Never again!

The original ST looks to be a better prospect for two up touring.
Pillion comfort is very important to me because if SWMBO is comfortable then she doesn't object to me buying bikes :O)
On the new ST the pillion seems higher up with the rider crouching further forward.
That doesn't bode well for pillion buffeting.

Insurance on the 955 was considerably cheaper than on the 1050.

Howlin'