[ST] Apologies to the liST

I have not been able to follow all the threads as of late, the last 10 weeks actually. If anyone has posted a note expecting a response from me, I apologize. Coming back off the road to find 100's of posts, I've just had to use that handy delete key and try and start over. This has happened 5 times in the last 9 weeks. Sorry, really.

The upside is, this place seems to be as active as it ever has been, with a good number of on-topic technical threads, some ride reports, and just the occasional silliness (judging from the topics). That's a good healthy mix. Good on y'all.

To the point of this post...............busy riding time for me.

March 17-19th, to Bull Shoals AR, for our annual Daytona "not" watching party. Fun riding the Ozark backroads. 1,400 miles of all two lane blacktop. Good food, good friends there when I arrived.

April 8-11th, Hill Country TX, for my annual ride in for whoever wants to show up. Had 7 riders, two wives and one kid. Excellent riding all over HC and beyond. More good food and old and new friends. 1,600 miles of all two lane blacktop, some really back-back-back roads. Went all the way to the border crossing into Mexico.

April 20-26, Barber Motorsports, Birmingham AL. I have done some partial ride reports on this, will finish, I promise. Just that the next ride was right on it's heels...............
Oh, and the short story, GREAT host, excellent food and freindship, old acquaintences renewed, fantastic racing on the track. 2,100 miles of lots of backroads, and lot's of slab.

Then last weekend, maybe the big daddy of them all, the "Beastfeast" in Gloster MS. Words will never do justice to this event. All manner of wild game consumed, deer, turkey, wild pig, duck, quail, fresh river bass, crawdad's, shrimp, elk, more that I can't remember. All on a guys acerage that is like paradise. Oh, we shot lots of guns too! :-) And rode some wonderful backroads.
I left Dallas, after working all day at 9:00pm, riding all night, arriving at the farm at 7:30 am, just in time for breakfast. Talked, ate, drank all day, not going to bed until 2:300am, SUNDAY. That's 44 hours without sleep. Woke up Sunday, 8:30 and hit the road at 10:30, arriving back home Sunday at 7:00. Total mileage 1,000

Oh, and one post note. Last night, I got a call from our intrepid Sprint traveller, Tim Elliott. Seems he is on the back side of completeing his 50cc, and finishing a SS5000 just for good measure. He was in Amarillo about 8:30 and headed my way. Arrived, my place about 4:30 this morning and was up when I was getting ready for work. Great guy, a real LD rider. He should be hanging at my place today and hopefully we will have some time to sit and swap stories tonight.

It's been a busy, and fantastic few weeks, so many good times I will remember for a lifetime.

Back at work now, and daydreaming................

eL Donut
jinete en la tormenta

STeve Duncan
'00-Sprint-ST